INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
FACULTY OF ISLAMIC STUDIES
UNIVERSITAS MUHAMMADIYAH SURAKARTA
A. THEME AND SUBTHEMES OF THE SEMINAR
The seminar general theme is “The Reconstruction of Contemporary Islamic Epistemology”
Special theme or sub seminar theme was restricted by the problems as the following:
1. The development of Islamic Epistemology: The review of resources, Metodhology and Goal
2. The Reconstruction of Islamic Epistemology: Contribution of Classical Islamic Science
3. Discourse and the Implementation of Integration-interconection of Knowledge in Islam: Epistemological Perspective
4. The Implementation of Knowledge Integration in Islamic Primary Schools, Secondary, and University Levels
5. Study on The Epistemological Thought of Contemporary Muslim Scholars
B. TIME AND VENUE
The seminar will be held on:
Day : Tuesday
Date : 24 May, 2016
Time : 09.00-17.30
Venue : Auditorium of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
C. GOALS AND TARGETS
1. Participants will acquire knowledge about the construction and development of contemporary Islamic epistemology.
2. Participants will be able to map the direction of the development of the discourse and integrative implementation of Islamic knowledge epistemology.
3. Publication of conference proceedings on the construction of Islamic epistemology.
1. Prof. Dato Dr. Jamis Osman, Director IIIT East and Southeast Asia.
2. Prof. Dr. Akmal Khuzairy Abdurrahman, Director CENTRIS (Center for Islamization), International Islamic University of Malaysia.
3. Speaker from Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia – USIM (in confirmation)
4. Prof. Dr. Habib Chirzin, Director of IIIT Indonesia, Souteast Asia.
5. Dr. M Abdul Fattah Santoso, Dean of the Faculty of Islamic Studies Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
6. Selected papers’ presenters
a. Lecturers, researchers, and students who have interest in the development of the epistemology of Islam.
b. Government agencies in Islamic education, and scientific institutions.
c. Organizations and institutions in Islamic education.
a. Participants of Call for Paper become speakers in the Parallel Session, obtain certificate as speakers, seminar kit and refreshment.
b. General participants and invitations get certificates as participants, seminar kit and refreshment.
c. Transportation and accommodation fees are borne by participants.
3. Participation Fee
a. Local participants and paper presenters IDR 250,000
b. International paper presenters IDR 500,000
c. General Participants IDR 150,000
d. Students IDR 100,000
e. Conference Proceeding IDR 150,000
F. CALL FOR PAPER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Paper should discuss one of the themes above, be genuine, and have never published before.
2. Paper can be a summary of research’s result, or an insight reflection.
3. Paper can be written in Indonesian, Arabic or English. Paper in Indonesia should be accompanied by abstract in English.
4. Paper must be written systematically by using footnotes and bibliography, within 15-20 pages of A4, using 1.5 paragraph spacing, and size 12 of Times New Roman.
5. Paper should be arranged in this sequence: Title, author’s name, institution, email address, abstract, contents, biography of the author.
6. Paper should be received by the committee no later than 20 May 2016. Announcement of the selected paper will be on 22 May 2016 through fai.ums.ac.id
7. Paper should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
G. TIME SCHEDULE
April 1-20 Paper Submission
May 21 Paper Review
May 22 Announcement of Selected Papers
May 23 Registration
May 24 Conference
H. COMMITTEE STRUCTURE AND ADDRESS
Secretarial address : Faculty of Islamic Studies (FAI) Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
Jl. A. Yani Pabelan Surakarta 57102;
Phone 0271-717417 ext. 193; Fax. 0271-715448.
Mobile: 087736372891, 08121536230
Dr. Mutohharun Jinan, M.Ag. dan Dra. Mahasri Shobahiya, M.Ag.